Laroux Peoples – Estate Planning in the comfort of your own home
Founded in 2015, Peoples Law is a (mostly!) remote law practice focusing on wills and estates. I built the practice after leaving a more traditional law job once I had my first child and am a strong supporter of remote work. I see it as the future in terms of increasing the quality of life of workers recognizing their multiple commitments as parents, caregivers, partners as well as to their own pursuits and passions.
Working as the virtual legal assistant, your main role will be to manage the document assembly required for our firm using E-state planner (a legal software program). I am looking for someone with a strong attention to detail – who enjoys catching typos and is comfortable editing and proofreading. As a true self starter, you have a knack for learning new software/apps – and truly enjoy automation and figuring out how to get various software/apps to “speak to each other.”
I hope that you are keen to stay and grow with us! This job has the possibility to expand depending on the successful candidate’s skill set.
- Manage the document assembly using e-state planner (legal software) – although direct experience with the software is NOT required ability to learn quickly is a must have!
- Maintaining and updating manual and/or video tutorials (for the software)
- Administrative and systems related projects as necessary
- This is not a client facing role – so would be perfect for a person who is happy “behind the scenes” making things run smoothly
- 3+ years administrative experience
- Ability to pick up new systems and processes quickly
- Excellent Word skills – specifically formatting
- You are a self starter who is not afraid to make suggestions to improve processes
It would be a bonus if you had:
- Experience with Zapier, Trello, Clio and Clio Gro
- Experience as a legal assistant
Job Type: Independent Contractor (approximately 6-10 hours per week)
Salary: $25.00 – $32.00 – depending on experience. Please submit your resume and a short email (less than 200 words) describing why you would be the best candidate to Allison@careerlove.ca by Friday March 13, 2020