Remote/Work From Home (must have ability to attend in office for training and once a week meetings in Toronto as required)
Brooks Law Office
Irena Brooks is a lawyer dedicated to her clients’ matters and works tirelessly to achieve results in their favour. She is skilled in completing residential and commercial real estate transactions, advocating for students and parents in the education system and assisting clients with their estate . When not working hard for her clients, Irena enjoys travelling, cooking, working out and spending undivided time with her daughter.
Brooks Law is growing and we are looking for an Intermediate/Senior Real Estate and Wills Law Clerk with 5+ years experience. The ideal candidate is a detail oriented and experienced clerk, who is comfortable with all aspects of real estate transactions like purchases, sales and refinances from start to end. In depth knowledge of Teraview, Unity and PCLaw is required. Must be comfortable handling 20-30 transactions on a monthly basis.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ability to handle up to 25 files with minimal supervision from opening to close of files
- Involved in all aspects of builder projects, related sales and disclosure documentation
- Deal directly with financial institutions, municipalities, and land registry offices in a professional manner
- Perform /review title searches and off-title searches, understand and interprets title searches, draft requisitions
- Prepares all closing documents for signing meetings and lenders
- Involved in the registration of condominiums, closings and related by-laws
- Directly communicates with clients and other lawyers’ offices
- Drafts and amends correspondence
- Prepares reporting letters and accounts to clients
- Opens files in PCLaw and Unity
- Performs sub-searches of title and off-title searches
- Prepares various documents in Teraview including Transfers, Charges, Easements, Notices, Condominium By-Laws, Discharges etc.
- Organizes and maintains physical and electronic files
- Provides support and training to Junior Clerks and Legal Assistants in the Department
- Experience with PCLaw, Unity, Dubsado and Econveyance are preferred.
- Assists with the drafting of wills and power of attorneys for lawyer review
- Flexible working hours
- Bonus scheme
- On-site parking
- Company events & social hours
- Work from home opportunities
Job Type: Full Time Permanent – 40 hours a week
Salary: 45 000 – 55 000 depending on experience
Please apply with a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title “BROOKS LAW – SENIOR LAW CLERK” In your email please let us know (in less than 200 words) why you would be a great fit to work at Brooks Law Office.
We appreciate the time you have taken to apply. Please know that we will review each and every resume that is received – but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
APPLICATION DEADLINE IS THURSDAY OCTOBER 28 at 5:00pm