Remote/Work From Home (must have ability to attend in office for once a week meetings in Toronto as required)
Brooks Law Office
Irena Brooks is a lawyer dedicated to her clients’ matters and works tirelessly to achieve results in their favour. She is skilled in completing residential and commercial real estate transactions, advocating for students and parents in the education system and assisting clients with their estate . When not working hard for her clients, Irena enjoys travelling, cooking, working out and spending undivided time with her daughter.
Brooks Law is growing and we are looking for a great legal administrative assistant to support its growth. The ideal candidate is a detail oriented and experienced assistant, who is organized, knows that customer service is the most important part of a business and is interested in building their corporate administration skills.
An ideal schedule would be 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., Monday – Friday (though open to earlier or later start)
Here is what a typical work week would involve:.
- Act as the first point of contact for clients
- Manage my inbox including drafting and sending emails, creating and managing folders
- Invoice clients and record payments
- Sort mail, deliveries and order and stock office supplies
- Order, wrap and ship gifts and handle other outgoing mail
- Perform minor errands such as shopping for office supplies and client gifts, picking up dry cleaning, going to the post office and bank
- Develop and maintain a filing and CRM system
- Update and maintain office policies and procedures
- Prepare reports
- Prepare and update corporate minute books
- Monitor and maintain office equipment; hire technicians when required to repair or replace malfunctioning equipment
- Assist in preparation of presentation materials
- Maintain contact lists including CRM and e-mail list management
- 2+ years experience in an administrative capacity
- Superior customer service skills
- Organized and able to manage conflicting priorities
- Comfortable with Microsoft Suite (word, power point, excel)
- Sense of urgency, eye for detail and excellent proofreading skills
Would be awesome if you had:
- Dubsado, Clio, PCLaw, Conveyancer, Unity
- Legal assistant experience in a corporate law environment, degree/college/diploma/university education
**We understand that a great candidate may not have a linear job history. If you have had a career break to care for family members or children, or are starting a new career direction we encourage you to apply**
This is a salaried position (30-40 hours a week depending on the candidates requirements) Salary range for this role is 33 000 – 40 000 depending on experience.
Please apply with a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title “BROOKS LAW – LEGAL ADMIN ASSISTANT” In your email please let us know (in less than 200 words) why you would be a great legal administrative assistant for Brooks Law Office.